Sometimes a Consumer may create an account and not click the activation link in the "Account Created" email. In this case the users email address is not considered verified and they will not be able to login. There are multiple possible reasons this could have happened including:
- The consumer deleted the email before clicking the link
- The email ended up in their spam folder
- The user typed the wrong email address
In order to allow the Consumer to use the site you can take the following steps:
- Search for the Consumer via the Web User --> Searchto verity the following:
- Verify that the email they provided is correct.
- Verify that the email was delivered and did not bounce.
- You can find all emails sent to any email address by going the Web User --> Search page
- Once on the Consumer account,
- You will see the message stating that the consumer has not confirmed their email
- Find the "Account Created" email that contains the activation link, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on the link in the Subject column of the grid to open the email.
- Right-click on the Activate My Account link,
- Select the Open link in new tab option. (note: you must open the link in a new tab due to the security of the site. It will not open in the same window)
- Go back to the Consumer page and click Reset Online Password. The consumer will receive a new email allowing them to set a new password. This email will act as the confirmation that they were able to receive emails even though the initial email was not verified.