When a consumer registers with your account, they are required to enter an email address. This email address can be used to login the next time they return to the site (their reference number can also be used). Before allowing the user to access any account information, we validate that they are actually the owner of the email address that they supplied by sending them an email with a unique link in it. They must click this link before being allowed to enter the site.
Once setup, the email address cannot be changed by the user. They must contact an agent at your company who can update the email using the administrative tools. The direction below describe how that is done.
- Login to the admin site
- Click on Web User Search. If you do not see this option you may not have the proper permissions.
- Enter the current email address of the user (the one they registred with and no longer want to use).
- You will now see basic information about the users online account. Click on "Update Email Address"
- Enter the new address of the user. Be sure to verify it is typed correctly:
- Click the Update button.
- The screen will confirm that email address has been changed.
- The user may now use the new email address to login.