Create New Text Template(s)
- Log into the TakeWebPayments Administration site.
- Click on the Emails/Letters menu on the top navigation toolbar.
- Click on the Texting Templates link on the left-side menu in the Texting Management section.
- Click Add.
- Enter a text template title in the Name field at the top.
- Enter text directly into the Text Body box that you wish to send to the consumer(s). See tips below for more details.
- When the message is complete, click Add Template or Add Template and Close.
Use Replacement Fields
To include relevant account or customer data into your text messages, utilize the built-in Replacement Fields feature that pulls from your consumer data uploads.
Simply begin typing into the Search box for a specific data field you want to include, such as Last Name. The system will automatically search through the list and find all replacement fields that contain that word or words.
Once the desired field has been found, place your cursor in the Text Body box where you want the replacement field to go, then click on the blue Replacement value from the Replacement column and it will automatically be inserted into the text message box.
Edit Text Templates
To edit an existing text template follow the below steps:
- From the Texting Templates page, click on the Text Template name.
- Once in the Text Template, make any necessary changes.
- When the message is complete, click Save Template or Save Template and Close.
Text Message Tips
- To personalize messages, use Replacement Codes such as [clientname] to auto-fill the customers name.
- Keep messages direct and to the point.
- The total text length cannot exceed 160 characters after the text is generated. The system will alert you if you reached this limit.