Agents may take payments over the phone using one of three options:
This article discusses how the Recurring Payment works.
Select Payment Option
- Look up the consumers reference number. See our How to access a consumer's account help article for more information on how to locate a specific consumer account.
- Select one of the following options from the drop-down menu:
Process Recurring Payments
- Amount - The amount to be scheduled for future recurring payments
- Total Payment Amount - The total amount to be collected over the course of the recurring payment schedule
- How Often/ Frequency - Select from one of the following options on how frequently the payments will be made.
- 1st and 15th of the Month
- Complete the credit card information highlighted in the blue box.
- Card Number - the 16 digit credit card number
- Expiration - the Month & Year the credit card will expire
- Security Code - the three digit security code typically found on the back of the card
- Check the box in the lower left-hand corner to verify that you have confirmed the consumers information and they have authorized you to take their payment over the phone.
- Click Submit to complete the transaction.
Note: The consumer's full name and address will auto-fill from their account details.
Customize Scripts for Agents
Our solution also provides the ability to include detailed scripts for agents to read to consumers ensuring they are following company protocols. The script instructions are configured in the Settings of the Administration site.
Follow the below instructions to configure agent scripts for your organization.
Note: You must have Payment Admin permissions in order to complete the following steps.
- Go to the Settings tab on the top menu.
- Click the Payment Settings link on the left side menu.
- Scroll down to the Scripts for Agent Screens for Taking Credit Cards.
- Click into the text on the right-hand side of the table. This will bring you into the html of the onscreen text for you to create and/or edit the message that the agents will see when taking manual recurring payments.
- Click Save or Save And Close when complete.
When an agent is taking a payment over the phone they can then read from the script provided, as shown in the sample below.
For declined card scenarios, consider including instructions on how to address this with the consumer. See example below.