If you are currently using USAePay to process credit cards, a source key is needed to send payments to your existing gateway. You can create a source key by following the steps below:
- Login to your existing USAePay account.
- You will see the main menu shown below. Click Settings and then Source Keys. If you do not see these links, you may not have the needed permissions.
- You will now see a list of existing Source keys. Click the Add API Key button.
- Create a new Source key called WebPortal. Leave the Pin blank and check only the Sale options under Allowed Commands. The click Save.
- The source key has now been created. You will be able to see it in the grid below. The source key should be treated as a password. Do not share it with anyone.