There is no report to show declined cards. We only report successful transactions. There is; however, a trick to find them. If you run the payments report (we recently updated it), you will see that each payment has a number associated with it, as shown in the screen shot below. If the transaction is missing a Transaction ID and Approval Code, then it is considered a declined transaction.
As a work-around to find the details of a declined transaction follow the below instructions.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Enter in the date range or day you believe the transaction was declined.
- Look in the first column of the payments log for a gap in the sequential numbering such as shown below,
- Click on the successful transaction just before or after, in this case 10 or 12 from the log.
- In your browser, alter the URL to include the missing to see the details of the declined transaction (in this case the number 11 is missing).
- Actual Payment: https://<your-admin-site-name>/Admin/Home/PaymentDetails?paymentID=10
- Change to the missing number: https://,your-admin-site-name.>/Admin/Home/PaymentDetails?paymentID=11
Once on the Consumers account, look at the details of the debtor/consumer to see the the history of their account and what the consumer was doing while attempting to make a payment.