You can compose/edit an email template with any text or formatting using the built in email Composer. In addition to having standardized email templates, you can also include replacement codes that will be looked up based on various account data.
To compose/create an email template:
- Login to your site.
- On the upper right-hand side of the top navigation toolbar click Emails/Letters/Text
- Click on Templates
- To create an email:
- Click the Add link in the upper left-hand corner to create a new template.
- Enter the Internal Name and Subject for the Email.
- Internal Name - This name will only show internally
- Subject- The subject of the email.
- To edit an email, select the email from the list and click on the link of the Internal Name of the template, as shown below.
- Fill in the general Basic Info fields as shown below.
- Sender Email Address - Select the sending email address from the pick-list.
- Language - select the appropriate language to use from the drop-down.
- Email Footer - select the desired language of the footer to be included in the email.
- Approval Options - Approval options can be set on a template and will apply to any campaign created using the template. The options are:
- Approval Required - The campaign will be built but not sent until a user approves the campaign. This setting is always recommended. It provides an opportunity to preview your emails before they are sent. It also give you a second chance to verify that the correct campaign is being sent to the correct accounts.
- Pre-Approved - The campaign will be built and sent immediately. No approval is required. This setting is not recommended unless there is another approval process in your work flow.
- Email Type - please see below
- Campaign - this is the default option. It should be used for most templates. This option will send an email going through the standard filtering processes. Consumers who unsubscribed will be suppressed from any list. Your whitelisting and blacklisting options will be used. This is the recommended setting for any emails intended to go to a mailing list.
- Ad hoc - this options indicates that the template is not going to be used for a mailing list. It is a one off or Ad hoc email that is intended for use one at a time on a case by case basis. An example may be a confirmation email set to a debtor after having a call with them. Or a settlement confirmation on a single account. Ad hoc emails will be allowed to be sent regardless of whitelisting or blacklisting settings. Whitelisting and blacklisting apply only to mass emails or "Campaigns".
- If an Attachment is to be included:
- Click Choose Files.
- Navigate to the file to be attached using your Windows explorer.
- Choose from one of the Attachment Options:
- In the Email Body section, simply enter the verbiage of the email, or add in Replacement codes that can be inserted and auto-filled based on built-in or custom tracking fields.
- Add Images:
- Click on the image icon on the Email menu.
- Click on the Image List
- Select from the list of images that have been uploaded to the system.
- Click Save when done.
Customize with Replacement Fields
- Insert a Replacement Field to include a built-in or custom field that will be inserted into the email or letter template and replaced with consumer specific data.
- Upon completion of changes, click the Save to just save changes. Or click the Save and Close icon located at the bottom on the window. and the updates will be saved and the window will be closed.
Campaign Quick Tips:
- Use the Search field above the Replacement Fields to quickly locate a replacement field that is needed in an email or letter template. Once inserted the system will automatically review the list of Replacement Fields and update the replacement field code with the correct consumer data before the campaign is sent.
- Need to include a future date in communications? Use one of the DatePlusXX fields that will automatically calculate the number of days forward from today's date. Example [DatePlus45] will insert the the date 45 days from todays date. Eliminating the manual calculation and updating of email or letter templates.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article